Thursday, June 26, 2008

Cheaters

Summary. At Cheltenham, a collection of cheating singles at various locations on the property.

Two of the cheaters were LWL, hopefully continuing to increase Laddie's comfort level with the entry into the water carrying a retrieval article. Today, most of the retrieves were with birds.

Lumi's cheaters in any one location were longer and/or tighter than Laddie's, and Laddie needed more handling. But I was able to use the same locations for both dogs, and both dogs did well.

For all of these, I had both dogs at the start line, and one would honor unsupervised while I ran the other one. Although that is convenient, I wonder if it's a good idea. If the dog hears "over", for example, and is supposed to ignore it when honoring, I wonder whether that might diminish the dog's responsiveness to "over" over a period of time.

No comments:

[Note that entries are displayed from newest to oldest.]