For today's session, I picked up an assistant and we drove to training property closest to our area. Though the property is high quality and used for many retriever events, we had it to ourselves today, possibly because it was a Wednesday afternoon, and possibly because temps were in the mid-80s.
Here are the retrieves Laddie ran:
- Mark thrown LTR, line to mark diagonally downhill then thru reeds and across corner of a pond.
- Mirror of #1.
- Under the arc poison-bird double-keyhole land blind (discussion on this below), then pick up bumper that had been thrown into pond as the poison bird.
- Similar to #2 but in different location and orientation.
- Similar to #1 but in different location and orientation.
- Under the arc poison-bird water blind, then pick up the bumper that had been thrown in the pond as the poison bird. (I guess this turned out to be considerably easier than #3 because Laddie ran it well the first time.)
- Mark thrown LTR, line to mark across an inlet, then over a point of land, then across another inlet (photo below).
- Mark thrown RTL, line to mark across corner of a pond (photo below).
- Keyhole land blind (video and discussion below).