Thursday, November 29, 2007

Laddie Test 1.3 (pass)

Test: Three singles:
  1. 60 yards (dummy)
  2. 180 yards (dummy)
  3. 120 yards (dummy)
Low cover (lawn)

Location: Sundown Park

Pass:
Yes

Blind: 120 yards

Notes: Laddie's marks were fast and enthusiastic. He ran out straight on all marks except that, on the long mark, at 120 yards he began to quarter. But he never turned back or got far off line and ran straight to the dummy as soon as he spotted it.

Laddie was also distracted by the surveyors flags I had used as targets for throwing the marks when I measured the course, but did not drop any of the dummies, and headed back to me uncued. I think it's good for him to become desensitized to such diversions.

Laddie required preliminary training on the target blind, in the form of backchaining, and then ran the drill nicely. Because he doesn't know whether I'll call him to me or cast him back, and because I haven't used a retrieval article in our pinball drills for some time, his whistle sits have gotten good again.

No comments:

[Note that entries are displayed from newest to oldest.]