Saturday, August 13, 2011

Laddie's sixth Qual

Today's trial at Cheltenham, the second in two days, started with a land triple, no honor.  Since Laddie broke on the honor yesterday, and I have no group to practice honoring with, I had come up with a plan while driving to the trial.

My plan was to run as many series as possible, in today's and future events, till Laddie had to honor a flyer, then run that series but put him on lead without giving him a chance to break on the honor.  So today's first series with no honor meant, under my plan, we had a chance to get to the last series, maybe even to the end and a possible ribbon if the last series didn't require honoring a flyer.

However, at the line, Laddie broke on the flyer go-bird, which I believe is the first time he ever broke from the line in competition.  Since he ignored me when I called HERE yesterday, I didn't say anything today.  I didn't need him to practice ignoring recall.

Well, since he's now breaking from the line, my brilliant plan to work on his honoring flyers at events won't work.  I'm glad I haven't signed up for any more events.

How in the world am I going to fix this without having a group to train with?  It's a rhetorical question.  I don't think I can.

We'll continue to work on whatever skills we can training alone, but unless we find a group, Laddie's competitive career is now over.

No comments:

[Note that entries are displayed from newest to oldest.]