For some time, Laddie has been running blinds successfully but has taken longer to stop on his WSs than I would like, so today I thought I'd break out a drill we trained with quite some time ago: the Offline Drill. Because Laddie is more advanced now, today's version was longer than we've trained with in the past, and the offline blinds were both further from the SL, rather than evenly spaced.
- I placed B1 (WB) at an LP with a tape waving at the top, 210 yards from the SL.
- I placed B2 (OB) 30 yards to the right of the line to B1, 150 yards from the SL.
- I placed B3 (OB) 30 yards to the left of the line to B1, 120 yards from the SL.
- At the SL, I lined Laddie up on B1 and sent him with "Back". When he was out 120 yards on line to B1, I blew WS, then cast him over to B3.
- Again at the SL, I again lined Laddie up on B1 and sent him with "Back". When he was out 150 yards on line to B1, I blew WS, then cast him over to B2.
- Finally, I ran him to B1 without handling.